Tuesday, May 23, 2006

My long run on Saturday seemed to go well. I am starting to slow down again, just like during my Chicago training. Not sure what to do about that, but there really isn't time to develop much speed before Sunburst.

Friday: Rest. Went to my mom and dad's and walked around the woods. Took Ken Chinese for lunch at 8:00.

Saturday: 9 mile long run @ 13:40 ave. pace. My splits were a little more even, but I still start out fast and gradually get slower until the end.

Sunday: I had planned on just hanging out after Church and dinner with family, but I ended up riding about 15 miles on the bike while Clarissa ran her long run. I was slow and made lots of stops, but still somewhat tired by the end.

Monday: 5 mile run with Cheri. 12:32 average pace. Fairly even splits. This run felt good & I really think I am starting to put things together. This was supposed to be an easy run & it did indeed feel easy.

Tuesday: Rest. Sister Julie is going to do that "special conditioning" treatment on my hair tonight (wink wink). I threatened to jump out of a window if I didn't get an appointment this week (the basement window, of course). I am in serious need of a trim as well.

The weather is warming up & the rain seems to be holding off for awhile as well. I hope Sunburst is on the cool side, but I am not holding my breath. Anything can happen in 10 days!

4 Comments:

At 9:04 AM, Blogger TriZilla said...

Looks great! Good on you for biking the day after too. That probably helped with the recovery of your legs for Monday's run :)

You're going to ROCK!

 
At 4:05 PM, Blogger *jeanne* said...

If your race is in 10 days, you don't want to work on speed, anyway. You want to taper - keep moving to stay flexible and primed, but go EASY so that the muscle damage from training gets a chance to heal.

Training is FINISHED. Time to rest and relax and fuel! :-)

 
At 4:24 PM, Blogger Danielle said...

Hopefully the weather for Sunburst will cooperate for you, if not you have the right attitude to just go do it for fun...now what do we do to get you to slow down in the beginning??

 
At 9:38 AM, Blogger kay_elle said...

Oh good lord, now I'm worried....I'm using Hal Higdon's 1/2 marathon training & it has me doing a long run yet this Saturday!! One week before the race...what to do what to do???? It only allowed for about a four day taper.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home