Monday, April 24, 2006

Friday - No run. Took Ken Chinese for lunch. I made some chicken stir fry in my Wok & it turned out pretty good. Sort of an experiment. I have found that I am only able to eat maybe 1/4 cup of brown rice due to it's density. I think that's a good thing. Still ignoring AC (scale). Clothes fitting better anyway.

Saturday - Guys went golfing so my sister Jan and I went shopping for Sunday dinner & etc. I wanted to buy Clarissa a pair of running pants as she is always ripping off my favorite ones. We sort of did a trade, I bought her a pair for Easter and they were mismarked in size which means they fit ME. I promised to buy her another pair, but so far no luck (they were on clearance for $4 or $5)

Anyway, I ended up buying something to wear for Sunburst (also on clearance and dirt cheap!!) I refuse to wear those short shorts. I ain't doin' it. I don't care how stupid I look. Clarissa says she will not be seen in public with me if I wear what I bought. (She also said that about my Notre Dame Hockey T-shirt) She also rolled her eyes into the back of her head when I showed her what I was wearing. I don't care :)

Oh, and the point of all that was that I skipped my long run & put it off to Sunday. Now I really had plenty of rest since my last.
We ran 6 miles as follows:

1 - 11:30 (need to slow down a little)
2 - 13:30 (that's better..)
3 - 14:30 (this feels too slow...pick it up)
4 - 12:45 (perfect)
5 - 12:45 (keeping up a conversation with Clarissa)
6 - 11:30 ( still felt so good, had to pick it up)

Total time 1 hr. 16 min & 30 sec. averarge pace 12:45. A little faster than I should have been doing, but still plenty slow!

Cheri was with us and took a wrong turn. She ended up with 5 miles & going up a fairly brutal hill because of it. There is really nowhere decent to run around here without any hills.

Tonight I am going to run 2 easy miles and maybe walk a couple more. I have 2 different races that I am eyeing up for next weekend. Hopefully that works out.

2 Comments:

At 8:55 AM, Blogger Danielle said...

There's nothing wrong with running faster than you are supposed to!! Pushing limits is how we end up better!! :) And speed is all relative, same with age....:)

 
At 2:46 PM, Blogger Brooke said...

Oh...so you ran 6 miles eh??? I thought you were only getting in a couple of 3 milers a week. Glad I checked in. Bravo!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home